If you’ve been injured as the result of a car accident, the first order of business is to seek medical attention. As soon as that’s out of the way, though, you need to hire an Arizona accident lawyer. The sooner you line up qualified representation from a skilled Arizona accident lawyer, the sooner you’ll be properly protecting your rights.
When contacting an Arizona accident attorney, you should be prepared to answer a number of questions. By familiarizing yourself with the most common ones, you’ll have an easier time answering them in a useful way.
You can expect your Arizona accident lawyer to ask some or all of the following 10 questions:
- When did the accident occur? Your attorney will want a specific date. The exact time is helpful too, and you should be able to find it in the police report.
- How did the accident happen? There’s no such thing as being too detailed when it comes to answering this question. The more specific you can be, the more useful your answer will be to your Arizona accident lawyer. It might help to write a rough outline of the events prior to speaking to your attorney. Also, don’t be afraid to draw pictures to more clearly illustrate your point.
- Was a police report created? If the police were called, a police report should exist. What’s in it? Does it look like the other driver is to blame? Your Arizona accident lawyer will eventually obtain a copy, but your answers will help fill the gaps in the meantime.
- Has the other driver admitted to being at fault? It’s extremely advantageous to have an admission by the other driver that he is at fault. It’s even better if the admission is included in the police report.
- Where and when did you initially receive medical attention? How did you get it? Be as detailed as possible, whether it happened at the scene or occurred in a nearby hospital or clinic.
- Was an MRI performed? Were X-rays taken? What did they show? Diagnostic tests of any kind are very useful, and they don’t need to have been performed immediately after the accident.
- What kinds of injuries have you sustained? Even if it’s a seemingly minor issue, be sure to include it on the list. Your Arizona accident lawyer needs to know every possible injury that you sustained as a result of the incident.
- Do you believe any of your injuries are permanent? Give your opinion whether or not you have an official medical opinion to substantiate it.
- What are the other driver’s insurance policy limits? Your Arizona accident attorney will want to find out right away whether insurance will cover all or most of the resulting damages.
- Does your policy include under-insured or uninsured motorist coverage? This may also impact the amount that will be available through insurance. As such, it has a direct impact on your case, and your Arizona accident lawyer needs to know about it.
Hire a Skilled Arizona Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies do not have your best interests in mind. To more properly protect your rights following an accident, hire a competent Arizona accident attorney right away. Call Schiffman Law Office, P.C. at (602) 235-0539 today.