How We Help
Common Mistakes a Workers’ Comp Attorney Can Help You Avoid
Workers’ compensation cases are complicated. The claims process is confusing, and a single mistake can deny you the compensation you deserve. An experienced State Bar of Arizona Certified Specialist in workers’ compensation can help you avoid the pitfalls that stop your claim cold.
Here are the most common workers’ compensation mistakes to avoid:
- Not Reporting the Injury Immediately – Waiting too long to report your injury is a huge mistake that can jeopardize your entire claim. Remember, you’re not being a bad employee for reporting a workplace injury. And toughing out an injury can make matters worse in the long run. You need to report your injury to your employer immediately to make certain it’s on the record.
- Not Visiting a Doctor Immediately – You also need to see a doctor as soon as possible. Waiting to see a doctor may put you at risk and leave you without the critical documentation needed to link your condition to the workplace accident. Don’t waste time thinking you’re going to walk it off; go see a doctor immediately following any workplace accident.
- Waiting to Get Legal Assistance – Finding an Arizona worker’s compensation attorney immediately following your accident is imperative. Your attorney will ensure all the necessary evidence is gathered and they’ll help you through the complicated claims process. Remember, even one mistake can hurt your claim.
- Not Reporting All the Relevant Facts – Do your best to report everything you can recall to the necessary parties. Don’t cover up how you’re feeling, and don’t overlook any facts you may believe are insignificant. The more information you have, the better chance you have of getting your claim accepted.
- Settling Too Soon – Injury victims may be tempted to accept the first settlement that comes their way. It’s important to know the value of your claim before you accept any settlement. Otherwise, you could lock yourself into a low figure that doesn’t adequately protect you.
Make sure you have a State Bar of Arizona
Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist on your side.
Contact the lawyers at Schiffman Law Office, P.C. to schedule an appointment today.